FACTS ABOUT MAPLE:
Did you know it takes about 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup? That’s the equivalent of 1,642,233 drops! Learn More…
“…The sap is always flowing at Everything Maple Inc. in Orillia. And so are the creative juices…You’ll get a kick out of Hot Maple Mustard. The soothing sweet finish desired by honey mustard lovers is blended with sizzling spiciness. The pop of whole mustard seeds is a bonus. Also addictive is Add a Little Love Maple Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dressing. It’s so thick, it would do better as a sauce than as a salad dressing. Maple Balsamic Reduction is a bottle of balanced, multi-purpose yumminess, though not syrupy thick… “
Feature Recipe: Maple BBQ Turkey
- 12 – 14 lb Turkey or large roasting chicken
- 1 ½ cups Everything Maple BBQ sauce (or Yikes! for more heat)
- 1 cup of water
Method: Make a pocket between the skin and the flesh of the bird, by sliding your hand between the layers –the deeper the pockets, the better… as always! Fill the pockets with our Maple BBQ sauce.
Cook on a vertical roaster – if possible – but an empty soda can will work as well (just fill with water first) Pour the water in the bottom of the drip pan, and barbeque on the grill on low for 15 minutes per pound of meat. OR cook in the oven at 325° F.
Mix the remaining sauce with the pan drippings, skimming off any unwanted fat. Allow the turkey to ‘rest’ for 15 minutes and then carve the meat and place it back into the dripping pan. Allow the meat to warm thoroughly and serve.
Pair this dish perfectly with Canadian Style Roasted Veggies for a wholesome family meal!
Feature Recipe: Canadian Style Roasted Veggies
- 1 cup ‘Add a Little Love’ Maple Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dressing
- 1 cup each of your favourite veggies (6-8cups in total) – we suggest sliced carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, sweet onions, peppers, parsnips, turnips and sweet potatoes.
Method: Toss veggies together with dressing, ensuring they are nicely coated. Roast in the oven, or on the grill at 350° F, for 40 minutes.
The savoury caramelized glaze will make your mouth sing!
Feature Recipe: Crab Cakes
- 2 cans of crabmeat (sockeye salmon works as well)
- 1/4 c each finely chopped green onions, red pepper, & celery
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1/4 c MAPLE CITRUS TWIST…with more available for dipping
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cracker crumbs (I prefer saltines for this dish)
Method: Mix all ingredients together, and form into small patties (like sliders). Oil a non stick pan with a paper towel soaked in vegetable oil…this prevents sticking, but also keeps the oil in the pan to a minimum. If necessary, oil the pan between batches.
Cook on a medium high heat for approx. 10 minutes until golden, then turn the cakes over and do the other side until nicely crispy.
Serve with extra Maple Citrus Twist for dipping. These yummy bites can be used in lettuce wraps, or their larger, dinner size cousins, as a meal. Either way, they are scrumptious!
Feature Recipe: Meatballs Everything Maple Style!
Everyone loves meatballs, and what could be faster. Take a box of frozen meatballs (our favourites are Angus), throw them into a crock pot or oven proof dish, toss in your favourite Everything Maple Sauce, and voila; you’re ready for your guests! Suggestions:
- Maple Caramelized Onions
- Maple Horseradish Jelly
- Maple Hot Red Pepper Jelly
- Maple BBQ Sauce~regular, Yikes, Fury or Extreme, Chipotle, Hickory or Mesquite
- Maple Roasted Garlic Dip Mix
- Maple Balsamic Reduction for a pleasant nip
- These Ain’t Your Grandma’s Cranberries for Turkey or Chicken Meatballs
- Add a Little Love
- Maple Sweet Onion & Feta
- Tropical Heatwave to remind you of your Hawaiian vacation
- Maple Orange Ginger for a twist